Parking in Kampala
Kampala Parking is entirely managed by Multiplex Ltd and Kampala City Council Authority (KCCA).
A strip with 5 tickets costs Shs.2000. Each ticket lasts for the first hour and after two hours it is 30minutes per ticket. You can also pay for your parking using your handset. For MTN subscribers – dial *185# and *165# for Airtel subscribers then follow prompts. The default charge is Shs. 2000 and after 10cases of defaulting your car might get clamped.
Recommended speed around towns should be 50km/h and 100 km/h for high way roads as to our Ugandan laws.
after just one beer, one glass of wine or one aperitif, your blood alcohol level will rise to 0.2 for a man weighing 75kg and 0.3 for a woman weighing 60kg. The legal blood alcohol limit is 0.3.
|Cosco Parts and Auto Workshop Ltd||538 Bombo road||m: 0718355366||e: Cosoparts@coscoparts.com|
|Ramzan Motors Ltd||118 Sixth Street, Industrial Area||t: 0414255767, m: 0772726926 / 0712726926||w: www.ramzanmotors.com e: email@example.com|
|Spear Motors Jinja Road||t: 0414222696-8|
|Toyota Uganda Limited||1 First Street, Industrial Area,||t: 0414349425, 0312301500||e: firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Aisha Trading Limited, UP COIN Ltd||Jinja Road||t: 0414288644, m: 0774438697/0782648043|
|Ramzan Motors 118||ixth Street , Industrial Area||t: 0414255767, m: 0772 726926, 0772788722|
|Chatha Investments Ltd. Opposite Coca – Cola,||t: 0414286626 / 0312264634 m: 0772 654427, 0772485444.|
|Japan Auto Traders (U) Ltd, COIN lCD||Jinja Road||t: 0312265398, e: email@example.com|
|Number Plate Manufacturers|
|GM Tumpeco||428 Nakawa Jinja Road||t: +256-312-341299/300 / +256-41-4505664/6/80||e : firstname.lastname@example.org|
Importing, Registration and customs clearance
Car clearance usually starts when the unit(car) is received at a registered customs, car bond where documents including transit documents(T1’s) are validated. Customs agent will then put up an MVR-7001 online, and a SAD i.e. IM4 tax document captured to show tax assessment for the particular car. The followings documents shall then be assembled and lodged in to customs.
• Certificate of Incorporation (for companies)
• Copy of passport (for individuals)
• Motor vehicle application forms MV-7001 and acknowledgement receipt (obtained from the ura web portal and signed by client)
• Vehicle export certificate, registration certificate (applies to UK origin), certificate of ownership (applies to Kenya origin)
• De-registration certificates or vehicle log book (applicable to other countries)
• Customs export entry from country of export
• Previous registration number plates (if shipped with vehicle)
• Vehicle owner must possess an active Tax identification Number (TIN)
If customs is satisfied with the declarations and submissions then the car is released to the owner and a new Ugandan logbook and number plates are issued. For more information, check out w: www.ura.go.ug Toll free: 0800117000
• Don’t forget to insure the vehicle with a Ugandan insurance company.
Motor vehicle Declaration
Motor Vehicle is categorized into: Used Unit (8 years + of Usage), New Unit. Valuation: Used Unit: Valued based on customs value and Subjected to 25% Environmental tax New Unit: valued based on unit commercial invoice Requirements for declaration Authorising letter (Unit owner issues an authorizing clearance letter to its clearance agent). Once unit has been confirmed for entry by the customs business center, approval for first time registration is triggered off from the URA web portal and notification is sent to the clearing agent and importer confirming approval of application and assigning number plates. On acquisition of number plates the number plate manufacturer sends a notification to URA’s licensing office for the log-book to be printed. In order to have the unit exited, the clearing agent is required to present the following documents at the car bond: Log book, Reciept of No plate fee, No. plates along with other transit documents.
Anyone over 18 years old who holds a category of B, a fresh applicant and holding driving license is authorized to drive a vehicle in Kampala. There is a limit of 60 years for the elderly.
• Collect medical application forms from any URA office.
• Visit any medical practitioner for certification.
• Return forms to the licensing officer for assessment of the different transaction (such provisional and testing fees)
• Make payments of provisional and testing fees to the nearest bank where URA has an account (Diamond trust bank is the advised bank).
• After a period of 2-3 days the applicant proceeds to face technologies to have the biometric taken onto the system and is issued with a provisional permit then.
• The provisional permit is then issued by the Face Technologies, which is used carrying out tests.
• Attach a test fee receipt together with provisional permit that are submitted to Inspectorate of vehicles within a period of 3 months
• Successful driver is passed on with a certificate of competence. The certificate of competence is a lead to acquisition of a full driving permit.
• Visit any URA branch to apply for a new full driving permit.
• The application is then captured at the licensing office.
Face Technologies Ltd
M505 Devon Kyambogo, Jinja Road t: www.facegroup.co.za You’re instantly receipted a temporary driving permit and an actual card after a month.
For Non Nationals
• Original foreign licenses (once verified can be exchanged for a Ugandan Driving license). • Copy of passport clearly indicating length of stay/visit (a visa is relevant as evidence). International Driving License You can only acquire an international permit if you have a national permit. Required Documentation
• Original Driving License.
• A passport Photo
- On your Smartphone, Android or IPhone, you can download the app googlemaps
- You can pick up a detailed map identifying routes in Kampala from our offices(Expats in Uganda).
|Air Serv Ltd||Entebbe International Airport||t:0414321251/2.||w: www.airserv.co.ug||e:email@example.com|
|Emirates Kimathi Avenue||FNC building||t: +256 417 710 444, +1 407 261 3982||w:www.emirates.com/ug|
|Air Uganda||4th floor Investment Building plot 4 Wampero Avenue, Kololo||t:04142582262/4.||w:www.air-uganda.com|
|Kenya Airways Ltd||14 Parliament Avenue.||t:0312360127.||e:Entebbe.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Asante Aviation Ltd||2nd floor, Forest Mall, Lugogo||t: 0312265201, m:0715707690||e:email@example.com|
|KLM Royal Dutch Airlines||14 Parliament Avenue||t:0414338000/4.|
|British Airways (BA).||Centre Court, plot 4 Ternan Avenue (behind Sheraton Hotel)||t:0414257508.||e:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Qatar Airways||1st Floor Rwenzori towers , Nakasero Road|
|Rwandair Express||Lumumba Avenue, rwenzori courts||t: 04144344851/2||w: www.rwandair.com||e: email@example.com|
|Brussels Airlines||1 Lumumba Avenue, Rwenzori House||t:04144234201/2||e: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ethiopia Airlines United Assurance Building||1 Kimathi Avenue.||t:0414254796|
|South African Airways||Workers House, 1 Pilkington Road.||t:0414255501.||E:email@example.com|
|Turkish Airlines Ruth Tower||Clement Hill Road||m:0788006296.||w:www.turkishairlines.com|
|Airport Express||t:0392 174749/0756 568950||w:www.entebbeairportexpress.com|
|Pineapple Express||t:0753 794 030, 0787 992277||w:entebbejinjashuttle.com||e:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|School Bus||1st Floor, Suite 2 Suzie House Gaba Road next to the American Embassy||t: 0392109862. m: 0776222502/503/504||w: www.whitelines.co.ug||e: email@example.com|