THE MINISTRY OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS PUBLIC NOTICE INTERVENTIONS AND ACTIONS IN THE WAKE OF COVID 19
As you are all aware of the current spread of the pandemic COVID 19 (Corona Virus) globally, the President of Uganda on March 18, 2020 guided the Nation on among other things that Institutions should put in place Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to reduce the spread of the virus. Key among was to have in place crowd Control Measures. In view of the above, the Ministry of Internal Affairs has put in place the following procedures:
- With immediate effect, all passport applicants should only appear for enrolment, interviews or to pick passports upon receiving a notification.
- All persons seeking services of the Ministry of Internal Affairs will have to UNDERGO body temperature tests and hand washing/sanitizing and must also keep a one-meter distance apart before and after access is granted
- All citizenship applicants will have to apply online at www.visas.immigration.go.ug and are advised to wait for feedback online
- Foreign nationals who seek to apply for work permits, special passes, dependent passes and other immigration facilities should apply online, vide www.visas.immigration.go.ug. Those ready for personalization should do so at not only Kampala but the other centres in Jinja, Mbale, Mbarara and Gulu
- All Official deliveries are to be done at the main reception of the Ministry
- All members of the Public are asked to respect all health and security measures put in place by the Ministry in this period.
- The Public is urged to refrain from crowding at the Ministry and only come if they require a service in circumstances of extreme necessity.
For any inquiries, please call: +256414595945, email: email@example.com or Facebook: Uganda Immigration We apologise for any inconveniences caused